Usually you think of a locksmith as the person to call when you need a new key made, but a residential locksmith can also perform a wide array of other services.
In an effort to better meet their customers’ needs, many locksmith businesses have branched out in to other related areas of home and office security.
The list below discusses some of the diverse services that qualified professional locksmiths can offer.
- Furniture and mailbox lock installation: You may think of residential locksmiths in terms of their ability to deal with door keys and locks, but they can also help secure other aspects of your home. Many people may secure their house, but neglect to secure their mailbox or office furniture, both of which can contain personal information. You should talk to your locksmith about furniture and mailbox locks in order to bolster your defenses against identity theft.
- Broken key removal: Locksmiths don’t just make new keys and locks – they can also help you solve problems with existing locks. Whether your key breaks off in a car ignition, a house door, or a safe lock, you can call your local Locksmith to help with the extraction process.
- Security door installation: Aside from installing and fixing locks, locksmiths can also install doors. There a variety of security doors available to meet different needs, including fire doors, security storm doors, and ornate steel grilles. Talk to a locksmith to assess your security door needs.
- Security appraisal: Getting a professional appraisal of your home’s security strengths and weaknesses can be a key step in improving your home’s security. Since residential locksmiths essentially dedicate their careers to entering homes by force, they are uniquely qualified to assess the gaps in your home security.
- Digital lock installation: Although digital keypad locks are actually keyless, a locksmith can still help you select and install the best digital lock system for your home or office. Digital keypad locks not only eliminate the hassle of losing and finding keys, but they also eliminate the need for periodic rekeying. With a keyless digital lock, instead of rekeying all your locks you can simply delete a given key holder’s combination in order to revoke their access privileges.
- Access control system installation: Access control systems are a high-security alternative to traditional locks and keys. Instead of utilizing traditional mechanical keys, access control systems use entry devices such as magnetic stripe cards, proximity cards, and contact smart cards. There are also more secure latching mechanisms generally used with access control systems, including electric strikes and magnetic locks. These various types of keyless entry devices and high-security latching mechanisms are best suited for different security applications, so you should consult with your locksmith about which one is right for you.
- Security system installation: Many locksmiths work with the best security companies to install home security alarm systems. Locksmiths can make sure your alarm systems is integrated with other aspects of your home security.
- CCTV installation: Closed circuit television systems can be a helpful security addition that can both deter crime and help in the prosecution of criminals. A locksmith can help ensure that your CCTV cameras are located sensibly and properly integrated with the rest of your home security network.
- Intercom installation: Door intercoms can be extremely helpful security devices as they allow you to verify the identity of individuals before opening your door to them. Talk to you locksmith about installing a door intercom system in your home, office, or apartment.